Multnomah Athletic Foundation News
The Multnomah Athletic Foundation – How We Can Help You!
The Multnomah Athletic Foundation board has twenty directors who are all actively engaged. I am sometimes asked….”I’m not on the Foundation board so what is it that I can do to support the Foundation? ” You do support the Foundation! There is no question that MAC members provide tremendous support through the annual request for a $15 contribution. Your billing statement this month includes a request for that $15 contribution. We thank you in advance for your charitable deduction!
But now, I want to turn that question above around and ask…”What can we do for you?” We consider MAC members our partners in the effort to reach out to our collective community. Our relationship is a symbiotic one. Therefore, what are some ways we might provide a service or opportunity for you?
- Be a connector. Let us know about your favorite non-profit and perhaps it fits in our funding guidelines. We want to be proactive in finding community non-profits in order to provide funding support for programs supporting character and confidence building opportunities with an emphasis on athletic participation for youth. With grant deadlines of August 1 and October 1, we’ll look forward to receiving your suggestions of non-profits that fit our grant guidelines:
- Must be a non-profit in the tri-county area in Oregon
- Must be a certified tax exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- The Foundation gives highest priority to activities that provide greater access and opportunities to youth who are economically disadvantaged and underserved.
If you want to find out what organizations have supported in the recent past visit the Foundation website and look for the list under the Director’s blog. Find us at www.themaf.org
- Participate in a Foundation event. Fun for the family. We have an increasing number of events that will raise funds and/or increase the awareness of the Foundation. A fun opportunity for the entire family is the Portland Marathon on October 6th. We’ll have a water station along the route and it would be great to have you there. Your student can receive community volunteer credits by being a part of this effort and the Foundation has an opportunity to increase our visibility. Also, watch for the family Hash Run on Sunday September 15th. This is for YOU. Please join us.
- Celebrate a life, note an important milestone, or provide a memorial via a contribution to the Foundation. We can assist you with this and your contribution. Contact Lisa Bendt at the Foundation. LBendt@themac.com
- Donate stock or assets or include the Foundation in your will. Please contact Lisa Bendt and we can provide assistance.
- Contribute to an existing endowment fund. Perhaps you are wondering how you could increase the Foundation’s reach into the community. As a MAC member you are proud of the involvement. It might be that for you the perfect answer is a contribution to an endowment fund that already exists. This is easy to do and, again, Lisa will assist you.
- Create a new endowment fund with the Foundation directly or through the Oregon Community Foundation to help support your favorite athletic activity at the MAC. We encourage you to consider this option and can assist you in making it a reality. Scholarship funding already exists for gymnastics, swimming, squash and other athletic endeavors. An endowment in your name or that of another athlete will enrich that sport in perpetuity.
- Build upon the existing Loprinzi fund as this is a favorite of yours. The MAC Scholar Athlete program and the Loprinzi scholarships are favorites of many. We can help you be a part of these wonderful opportunities for area high school youth. Talk about making a difference in young lives! Just contact us and we’ll help you with this terrific option.
We look forward to hearing from you and finding out how it is that WE can help YOU. MAC members are the heart of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation. Together we can support amateur athletics that is an activity that tends to promote discipline, leadership, skill development and self-esteem.
Thank you for your partnership. And, thank you again for your contribution through the July billing statement. Now…select a way we can help you and then let us know. We want the emails to ping and the phones to ring.
Julie S. Vigeland, President
ast Updated: 8/13/2013, 2:18 PM (Lisa Bendt)
Multnomah Athletic Foundation Board of Directors